PBD: Picturebooks About Trips to an Art Museum




In today's PBD posting, I am including some of my favorite picturebooks that feature trips to museums and experiences with famous works of art. I have been doing some research focusing on the events and attitudes in picturebooks about art and visits to art museums. The books featured here include some of the more positive attitudes about art and going to an art museum. In many of the books I have been researching kids are dragged kicking and screaming to museums which I don't think is accurate, and I don't think is the message we want to send. Museum visits can be not only educational, but exciting and fun if done correctly. When talking with kids about famous works of art, begin with any of these wonderful books!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building Capacity for Effective Instruction

In the Name of Reading Education

Some Advice for Graduating Teachers